Luscious art at Lake Borumba

 

Mr Mupz Montremes

Lake Borumba is a part of the Borumba Dam located 11km from the nearest town of Imbil located in the Gympie Region, of Queensland Australia. Lake Borumba resides on Kabi Kabi/Gubbi Gubbi land. My reason for visiting was to see the stunning murals that decorate the Lake Borumba Caravan and camping grounds on the banks of the Yabba Yabba Creek. As I don't drive I hired a transfer from Sunshine Coast Private transfers shuttles I highly recommend them as were professional, reliable and friendly check out their website here. Day trips to the camping ground are not allowed however luckily the friendly person at the kiosk there allowed me to stay to take photos of the murals before I left. The murals feature native fauna and flora found around the region and were painted by Ben Higgins aka Mr Mupz part of the Rythmincolour Collective.  Here is more information on the Lake Borumba Caravan and camping grounds were you can stay surrounded by the nature of the Imbil State forest and Yabba State forest and beautiful artworks.

 


























The Mural that inspired my trip


Lake Borumba

About 800m from the camp ground is the Lake Borumba dam that has picnic tables and BBQ facilities. It is surrounded by vast bush land and wildlife too.


Superb fairy wren female

Lake Borumba dam wall


King Parrots at Lake Borumba Caravan and Campgrounds



Final Thoughts

Lake Borumba is a beautiful place and if I had a car I would have stayed there. The murals and being surrounded by nature were the highlight of the trip.


Video Extras

Check out my video below for more extras from my visit. 

 



Comments

  1. That looks like a great place, good they let you stay at the camping ground to take these shots. Superb art, and the cutest platy mural so far imo :-) Love you caught the king parrot gathering there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, yes I loved seeing the king parrots they are my fav parrots.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts